Social media platforms can do so much to make sure that your blog gets far enough and attracts all the traffic you want. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram can very well expand your reach so you should use them to make your blog popular. Here are a few ways to make your social media work for you:
- Enable Shares: A share toolbar in your blog can bring can have more influence on your blog than you probably thought. This will allow readers who like the post to share it on their social media platforms and draw more attention to your site. It’s also fine to gently ask your readers to share in-case it doesn’t occur to them. Include a call-to-action in your pieces to inspire your readers to maybe download or sign up for something depending on what you want. Just be sure to not push requests down their throats. Remember that you too can share your posts on your own social media and calls-to-action.
- Use a Consistent Name: Having the same domain name on your blog as your name on your social media platforms can be a great addition. This way, it would be easy to find you and recognise you. A social media name that reflects the name of your site will increase your chances of being mentioned and this can create good traffic for you. It also puts you forth as professional.
- Provide Links: It always helps to provide the link to your blog site on your social media platforms. That way, followers on social media can be easily directed to your blog.
- Use Hashtags: Hashtags can help people find you. Look out for trending hashtags that are concerned with your content and product. Also create your own hashtags to a buzz around whatever you may have going on, maybe a promo.
- Get Endorsements: It’s great to get frequent readers of your blog or customers of your product to make endorsements for you on their social media platforms. Usually, their friends and family would trust them more than they trust any advertisements you would make. You can also get your friends and family members to do the same for you.